Advertise with Kensington Voice today
Don’t need the whole story?
About Kensington Voice
Kensington Voice is a community hub and newsroom serving the heart of Kensington in North Philadelphia. The stories we cover and events we attend generally take place between Cecil B. Moore Avenue and Tioga Street and between 6th Street and Aramingo Avenue. This includes the neighborhoods Fairhill, Harrowgate, Norris Square, and part of Port Richmond.
Our bilingual content, written in both English and Spanish, consists of news stories, personal essays, and resources for people in the neighborhood. We highlight community events on our website and social media platforms, like Facebook. We also host free outreach events and storytelling workshops where we distribute our print newspapers to the community.
Currently, we are only selling print advertisements for our newspaper. However, we are developing website and social media advertising rates and will update this page when they become available.
Newspaper distribution details
We print our newspaper once per month and distribute nearly 1,000 copies (in English and Spanish) to a growing list of locations in the following ZIP codes: 19134, 19133, 19125, 19123, 19122.
Here is a growing list of locations, with links to each of their websites:
- Asociación of Puertorriqueños en Marcha (19122)
- Community Center at Visitation (19125)
- Congreso de Latinos Unidos (19133)
- Esperanza Health Center (19134)
- Friendly Pharmacy (19133)
- HACE CDC’s Casa Indiana (19133)
- Health Center Six (19123)
- Kensington Community Food Co-op (19125)
- Kensington Library (19133)
- The Lighthouse (19133)
- Lillian Marrero Library (19133)
- The Loom (19134)
- McPherson Square Library (19134)
- New Kensington Community Development Corporation (19134)
- Norris Square Community Alliance (19122)
- Norris Square Senior Community Center (19122)
- Prevention Point Philadelphia (19134)
- The Simple Way (19134)
- Taller Puertorriqueño (19133)
- West Kensington Ministry (19122)
Our print advertisements begin at $175. Pricing is subject to periodic review.
Advertising policies & guidelines
The money we raise through advertising is critical to sustaining what we do for the neighborhood. To support our printing costs, Kensington Voice sells advertisements to the following entities, so long as they serve Fairhill, Harrowgate, Kensington, Norris Square, and nearby residents:
- Community leaders
- Community organizations
- Government agencies
- Health and social service organizations
- Local businesses
We do not accept the following kinds of advertisements:
- Attacks on individuals or groups
- Missing person flyers
- Political campaign ads
We also reserve the right to reject advertisements and refund the advertisers who purchased them if they are not in line with our values.
- All ads should be sized according to the size of the advertisement you purchased.
- All ads should be saved as high-resolution artwork (at least 300 dpi).
- If you purchase a color ad, all art should be in CMYK format to ensure color matching during the printing process.
- If you purchase a black & white ad, all art should be in B&W format to ensure color matching during the printing process.
Ready to place an ad?
Our ordering process is easy if you’re paying with a credit card — just click here to purchase an ad today. If you prefer to pay via cash or check, please email us directly with your advertising request at email@example.com.
Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.